Wednesday, August 5, 2009

august sweat down

I've been eating well lately. Between working at a delicious restaurant and making Asian noodle dishes with Katie, I definitely haven't been going hungry...

This is the AMAZING meal we made a couple nights ago. If you're interested, here's what it is:
  • 1 package of Asian noodles
  • 1/4 cup Soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Soy vinegar
  • 3 teaspoons Sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon Hot Chili oil
  • "Rooster Sauce" to taste
  • 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds (we used black and white)
  • 2-3 tablespoons ginger
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • Chives / cilantro on top
  • Whatever veggies you like or have (carrots,broccoli, celery, peppers, mushrooms, sprouts, onions, cabbage, green onions, etc.)
  • Mix all the wet materials into a sauce
  • Cook noodles, drain, and rinse with cold water
  • Finely chop all your veggies
  • Mix all ingredients together!
Now... on to less foodie topics.

I had today off, so I got in the car with both the manual and the digital cameras to take today's picture--"worry." I was driving towards a specific area of town with a particular idea in mind, but when I got to the street where I needed to turn left, I couldn't get over. So I wound up taking a longer route, which led me to the actual picture I took. I wouldn't have seen the little site I photographed had my original intention panned out. Isn't that the way it goes.

Not much else today... it's so hot here, every day, that it seems to suck all energy and motivation right out of my pores. I ended up walking around campus town a bit, snapping random photos--by the time I got back to my car, sweat was trickling down the backs of my legs and pooling in my belly button. THEN it took another twenty minutes of driving in my non-air conditioned car to get home. Needless to say, I was drenched by the time I walked through the front door. Sexy, I know. Here are a few of today's 110-degree snapshots.


Didn't put up the best ones... not sure what I'm using for the photo project yet.

I hope Albuquerque hasn't ruined me for heat. I used to crave it... now I feel like I'm waiting out the summer indoors... I can't wait until September gets here. Fall in New Mexico is way better.

1 comment:

  1. That dish sounds delish and it wont heat my house up to much which is perfect.

    Also fall anywhere is always a better season. : )

    ReplyDelete