Sunday, August 2, 2009

Claritin D = no sleep for me

Morning, dear ones.

I'm in an interesting mental/physical state. Saw dawn today. It was pretty.


Why, you ask, did I see the sun rise? It all boils down to one little pill: Claritin D. Last night, Katie and I went out and did some super fun stuff: bought things at Target, had pho at a Vietnamese restaurant I'd never been to, drove up to the foothills and took pictures, and got Coldstone for the first time since who knows when. THEN we went over to Mary and Julio's, where Nic was waiting with an allergy pill for moi. I had asked him to bring one because my eyes were bothering me and they have a dog, and I even asked him what kind it was...he said claritin. Cool! So, he dutifully brought me one. What I failed to determine was what kind of claritin it was. See, I take the normal stuff all the time. What I DON'T take is Claritin D -- it may as well be cocaine. I CANNOT sleep if I've had it. Not his fault; I should have realized that I was taking a horse pill instead of the dainty little normal claritins--my mistake.

As a result, I lay awake / in partial dream world for the majority of the night. By the time 5 o'clock rolled around, I was about done with that. So, to Katie's bewilderment, I got myself up, made a pot of coffee, and sat down out here in the livingroom to write away my frustrations.

The funny thing is that I'm starting my new job today, and I was worried that I would oversleep. Ha.

As for the job, I'm a little nervous--not about it, but about the fact that I just booked a five-day vacation 20 days from now and haven't told my boss yet. Wish me luck. :-/

You know that simultaneously weightless and super-heavy feeling in your body when you haven't slept? It's the strangest thing... I feel like I'm embedded in the couch but also uncomfortably floaty. Plus there's that pseudo-nausea early morning thing going on... but overall, I feel pretty good, considering. Hope I'm not a space cadet today!

Some pics from last night:







Well... only passed about half an hour with this. Wonder what I'll do 'til 8:30 when I have to leave. Hope you all have a delicious Sunday... smooches!

4 comments:

  1. i love your blog =) that's it: i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it weird that i've actually been craving a sleepless night lately? i realize that it probably is. but i haven't seen the sunrise in too long, and i don't have the discipline to wake up to an alarm before the sun's woken up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the claritan-d. i didn't even think about it. hope work goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. crystal... i (kind of) agree with you, as long as the sunrise is followed by going back to sleep! (without feeling guilty about it, though, right?!)

    ReplyDelete