Saturday, August 1, 2009

Froot loops and plane tickets...

Good morning, all! Have to get on with the day, but thought I'd drop a few words and photos here before I get down to business. I just ate a bowl full of dry froot loops--my morning favorite. I can barely stand the thought of eating in the morning, but these seem to be the exception to the rule.




For some of you ladies who read this, I have to share with you the best piece of makeup I've bought in a long time: Revlon Beyond Natural blush. SO much better than the other loose, expensive mineral crap I've been buying. FYI.


Anywho, I had a fantastic day yesterday. Hung out with Nic at Flying Star; worked on blog stuff, work stuff, and writing stuff. They're all interconnected. Then, I met up with my new friend Monte for drinks at O'Niells. It was great talking to someone new: new perspectives, new set of work stories/morals/life experiences. I had about 3 hard ciders and was feeling pretty good around the time that he took off. So, instead of following him out the door, I stuck around and waited for Nic to show up. Had a couple more drinks, sitting on the patio and wishing it could stay that temperature forever. It's been unseasonably cool this past week--you know you're in the Southwest when 86 degrees feels like fall. I love it. Here are some momentos from the evening:








Gotta love self-photography.

Also, late last night Katie and I booked plane tickets for Illinois on August 20. I'm SO EXCITED! Hopefully Mads will be able to book her family's lakehouse... but if not, we'll just have a couple more days with the family. It will be the first time Katie will see my mom's garden in the summer. :)

Then the next weekend, Jorge comes out. Hilarity will ensue.

THEN, over Labor Day, Katie's friend Andi's coming out to stay with us. We officially have a guest room now, so if anyone wants to get away for a while, just let us know...!

Ok.. signing off. Must get to work.

2 comments:

  1. you and those froot loops. adorable. and your enthusiasm about life in general is contagious, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could tag that first photo of us because i think it's important that everyone know god was behind my right shoulder. god approves of drinking and self-photography.

    ReplyDelete