Thursday, August 6, 2009

Some work and some great news...

Just to get it out there: I. Hate. Cramps. About 3,000 Anthonys worth. (By the way, kudos to Nic for this brilliant new rating system). Now that that's out of the way, let me continue.

Worked on a writing job today. It went really well! I was writing profiles for a professional matchmaker. What a fun gig.

Then I got a totally out of the blue call from my dad...

Guess who's going to Ireland in 2 months!?!?


ME!!!!!!!

Yeah! Apparently my cousin's getting married over there at the end of September. This will be my first trip to Europe: HOW exciting. I almost can't think about it, I'm so excited. In fact, just last night I was talking to my friend Pete about traveling to Europe, and I was feeling sad/regretful that I had never gone. We were sitting at the Blackbird Buvet having drinks, and I made up my mind then and there to MAKE IT HAPPEN while I was still in my 20s. I know, arbitrary number, but still--I never went when I was in college, and it seems like one of those things you need to do before you turn 30.

Anyway, Pete and I were talking about other stuff too--we usually wind up talking about the foundations on which people build their lives: the places they choose, the company they keep, the things they fall into, and the patterns they create...no matter how deep they get, these conversations always take place in bars, for whatever reason.

During this whole scene, I made the regrettable decision of ordering these:


"Jalapeno Bottle Caps"

They are slices of jalapeno, deep fried, salted, and served with ranch. They cost $1.50. And they worked on my guts like acid for the next twelve hours. Ug. This was the reason I gave up flamin' hot Cheetos--I KNOW better.

Anywho, next week Pete's going to take me on a tour of "the Albuquerque I don't know." All the hidden haunts and dives he only knows about because he's... well, Pete! We were going to try to get a polaroid camera for said project, but apparently they don't make the right film anymore and to actually get some is super expensive. And seeing as I'm broke and Pete's broke, I think we're gonna stick to what we've got.

Plus... DID I MENTION I AM GOING TO IRELAND IN 2 MONTHS!?!

Keeping calm, moving on. Here are some photos from the manual camera: we got them developed today.



There's plenty more (some are badASS!) but I haven't made the final cuts for the photography project yet, so I can't reveal them here. :)

Much love your way. Adios!

3 comments:

  1. how is it i read about you going to ireland on your blog? lame (not the trip - that's awesome).

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you will be even more amazing than you already are if you bring me back some real irish whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on going to Ireland! I was there in July '07, went to Westport, Co. Mayo and it was wonderful!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!!!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete